Friday, January 25, 2013

Love is in the Air

I am ready for the weekend!  We had a short week ...only 4 days with MLK!  It felt like a full week with my crazy schedule.  I did get a chance to make a couple of  lessons for our thematic focus on Valentine's Day and Friendship. 

My EK students are still working on mastering our ten sight words.  I made this cute sight word search to keep them busy.  We use magnifying glasses and go on a search for hidden words.  The student will find a word, write it down and read the list to a friend.  They just love it!  Click here to get your copy!  Enjoy! 


Also, some of my K students are working on ending sound manipulation.  I made this breaking hearts game for them to play.  You will need to cut the heart with the ending letter so it will make a new word.  For example, students will take a heart and read the CVC word.  Then students will take a "broken" heart and lay the letter on top to make a new word.  The word is fan can be changed to far, fat and fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment