Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Welcome Back To School

Summer has ended and a new school year begins.... I will wipe away my tears... put away my lounge chair... and say good-bye to sleeping in!  WOW!  As a Special Education consultant teacher I usually get shuffled around the building with a new space room every year.  I am THRILLED to say I am in my LOVELY room from last year and it is GREAT!  This summer I did some organizing and cleaning out.  I love to decorate and go on Pinterest for new ideas!  Here is my NEW-- OLD room...Enjoy!

Last year I made these vinyl letters "read" with my Cricut.  Then I was browsing Pinterest for alphabet ideas and came across letter walls in nurseries.  I went to my favorite craft store- HOBBY LOBBY and spent the day picking out different sized letters.  I spent the night....until 3:30 AM decorating, painting and Washi taping...just love the stuff!!  I think it looks great! 

 I spruced up my banner from last year.  I replaced the letters with numbers.  It is a nice visual and helpful number line for my students to use.... and it looks cute!

 I spent a big portion of the summer organizing lessons, updating plans with the new common core, and leveling books.  I am sad to say that I did not get to create any new lessons for TPT... but I have a lot of great ideas for the future.
 Here is my reading easel.  It is loaded with everything that I need during guided reading instruction.  I found these cute baskets that hang on the wall at IKEA... really cheap.  I am using them to store my pointers and clipboards.
I kept my framed book art from last year!  I am trying to cover up the UGLY electrical doors that are on one of my walls. 

IKEA has some of the greatest things.  I found these little stools/tables in many colors.  Last year I made these crate seats to hide all my stuff.  I think they are a nice addition to my carpet area.

No comments:

Post a Comment